Last date for ground shipping in time for Christmas is December 13, our customer service will contact you with shipping options after this date
- Always keep a burning candle within sight. Extinguish all candles when leaving a room.
- Never burn a candle on or near anything that can catch fire. Keep burning candles away from furniture, drapes, carpets, books, paper, flammable decorations, etc.
- Keep candles out of the reach of children and pets. Do not place lighted candles where they can be knocked over by children, pets or anyone else.
- Read and carefully follow all manufacturer instructions.
- Trim candlewicks to ¼ inch each time before burning. Long or crooked wicks cause uneven burning and dripping.
- Always use a Newville Celebration candleholder specifically designed for candle use. The holder should be heat resistant, sturdy and large enough to contain any drips or melted wax. Be sure to hold the candleholder steady and upright.
- Keep burning candles away from drafts, vents and air currents. This will help prevent rapid, uneven burning, smoking and excessive dripping. Drafts can also blow lightweight curtains or papers into the flame where they could catch fire. Ceiling fans can cause drafts.
- Do not burn a candle for longer than the manufacturer recommends.
- Always burn candles in a well-ventilated room.
- Extinguish the flame if it comes too close to the holder or container. For a margin of safety, discontinue burning a candle when 2 inches of wax remains. This will also help prevent possible heat damage to the cup and prevent the cups from cracking or breaking.
- Candles should be placed at least three inches apart from one another. This is to be sure they don’t melt one another, or create their own drafts that will cause the candles to burn improperly.
- One of the safest ways to extinguish a candle is to use a candlesnuffer, which helps prevent hot wax from spattering.
- Do not extinguish candles with water. The water can cause the hot wax to spatter and can cause cups to break.
- Follow these safety instructions and you will have a safe and memorable event using Newville Celebration Candles and Cups.